While completing crime abatement patrols in the downtown core of Timmins during the evening hours of Sunday, February 4th, Timmins Police officers came upon a disturbance in progress in a parking lot of an Algonquin Blvd business, involving two adult persons.
While addressing the altercation, the officer came to learn that one of the persons was in breach of strict conditions, imposed by the courts.
Once the conditions were confirmed, the officer attempted to arrest the man.
The subject attempted to resist being arrested but was eventually taken into custody by the Timmins Police.
As a result, Brandon McAFEE, 21, of Timmins has been charged with:
- Resist Peace Officer contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Obstruct Peace Officer contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Breach of Recognizance contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Assault – Peace Officer Cause Bodily Harm contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- Fail to Comply with Release Order contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
The accused remained in police custody for the purposes of a bail hearing slated for February 5th at the Ontario Court of Justice in Timmins to answer to the charges laid against him.